The Enlighment I Search in Their Eyes

December was all about training. With my little knowledge about Webwork, I got the chance to share it in front of two classes - of Matahari Kahuripan Group and of Wings Group. There, not only my presentation skill was put to a test, but also my trouble shooting skill - which is, by any Java programmer standart was inadequate.

Before a calm audience, I stood up with pride, kinda showing of the skill and art of web programming that I have and they've not yet got. With the more aggresive and curious audience, I was all nervous - sweat dripping from every inches of my trembling body - answering questions I'd never dream receiving. The questions were mostly good ones - so good they never crossed my humble mind. Like, "how to keep the old database yet altering few tables and avoiding the hassles of exporting and importing data?" or "how to connect to a MS-SQL server database?" or "why does xdoclet generate datetime column in my computer and date column in my colleague's?" I gave them the best - sometime made-up - answers I could.

I reasoned, within such short period of training, I could never cover the details of this technology. So I elaborated what I know best, showing them the features of this framework that I've been using religiously. All the time I waited for the spark in their eyes, the sign of that they finally reach the moment that I once was in: the enlightment where it dawned on me that this framework is MUCH BETTER approach to build applications than the old servlet-JSP way.

Comments

metty said…
so, was there any enlightened eyes expressing "eureka!", guru? :)
eyi said…
Glad 2 have u back, Mar! :D
leman said…
Eh, monyong...pantesan lu ilang akhir2 ini....sibuk ye...??
et, dah....dah kaga mampir2 lagi nih di kost-an....oh, ya kost-an dah berantakan banget....bantuin bebenah ye......

Popular Posts