Fifteen All Over Again

I was invited by my dear cousin Asni to come see the MTV VJ Hunt 2004 Finals in JHCC last night. With a press pass, I was admitted to the VIP room. Yippee! Dinner was already served by waitresses in black and white uniform. Although I could see some local celebrities sporting little dresses in the banquest room, what d'ya know, the meals attracted me more. My eyes feasted the view of numerous dishes, both local and traditional, all arranged in a way that surely would make me even hungrier. It was only 6 pm and the show wouldn't start until 7, so I got one full hour to enjoy the food.

I ate until I almost hurt myself. Then, I wished my digestion system got a bigger capacity.

It's like junior high school years

With the ticket, actually I was assigned to a seat in VIP section, but it was quite far from the stage. I thought I'd get a better view if I came mingled with the crowd in the festival section. So there I was, amidst the teens screaming out their favorite VJ Hunt finalists' names and making loud noises. The noise was so loud that I almost registered a petition for a lower sound intensity in all music concerts. Perhaps some thousands of the receptors for high frequency waves in my ears had gone dead.

After some announcements and graphical intro on the screen, the show started with the performance of this young Thai female star which's made her way to the charts. Tata Young dazzled! I sneaked, pushing my way through the juvenile crowd to get closer to the stage on which she shaked her body covered only by a tiny dress. So close I swear I could smell her sweet odor. Looking far prettier in person, she was also a treat to the ears. A disco tune may seem outdated but she gave the new modern groove to her music.

Just scream!

I don't know from where those teens got the energy to thrill their vocal chords excessively. I could recall that I myself wasn't that noisy even when my teen hormon was in its peak. I tried to sound more like them, so on top of my lungs, I screamed. (It didn't matter actually what I screamed out, the loudness did.) My best record was 120 dB for about 10 seconds and that was it! If I held it any longer, I bet I'd lose my ability to speak normally for good. So I tried other way to make noise: putting my hands together.

The rest of the show

I thought Nanda or Junot, two finalists who got the most vote in the TV poll, would win but it turned out that Evan got both viewer's choice and VJ Hunt winner prizes. That was another proof that TV polls were inaccurate and, often, far from the real situation. So while Evan laughed along his ride with his new Honda Jazz, Nanda and Junot could blame the poll for leading them into thinking that they'd win the competition.

Later that night

Most of them haven't reached legal age yet; Perhaps that's why MTV wrapped up the show at 9 just to make sure they could make it to their homes before 10. In that very hour which clubbers consider 'morning', I left the room together with the crowd. But before I went home, I joined Asni back in the VIP banquet room to refreshen my self with some cookies and drinks. I spotted even more celebrities here, including Andien who looked a lot younger and tinier in person.

Again I made a wish to have more courage to fake friendliness toward them just to say "Hi!"

Comments

eyi said…
Jadi lo lebih tertarik sama makanannya daripada artisnya? Hehehehehhehehe.... kok gue ngga kaget ya?? :D
Chezumar said…
Kalo ke artisnya sih gw jaim ... yi.
Kalo ke makanannya gak bisa jaim, ntar keabisan.
But of course, Mar. Who cares what the foods think about you when they'll end up in your belly.

The belly can protest, though.
Chezumar said…
Iya ya Ley, elu kan di MTV Traxx :(
Gw diajaknya mendadak gitu sih. Gerilyanya apaan nih? Cari makanan apa cari seleb?
roi said…
hi Mar:)
eyi said…
Mar. imelnya udah gue kirim.

Popular Posts