Complete Songs Makeover

Wedding song list, in my experience, are all the same. Tired of playing the same songs every wedding, I spiced them up a little bit when I played my gig for Wira's wedding on January 18th.

With the help of my intelligent musical gadget Yamaha PSR-2100, I tried to interpret some songs into other genres.

Love ballads, like Mencintaimu, are transformed into tender bolero tunes, with light percussions and guitar ornaments. 6/8-rhytmed Biru (by Vina Panduwinata) could be turned into a guitar 3/4 ballad with slower tempo. 6/8-ballad Dia was like a completely new arrangement when I played in salsa style. When it comes to traditional Minang songs, like Sansaro, Malam Baiko, Kambanglah Bungo, and Ondeh-Ondeh, rearranging them in bossanova would be the best choice.

So basically the keywords are: smooth, cool, and tender.

The guests seemed to enjoy the cool ambiance (although it was very hot sunday). I liked the way they enjoyed my performance although due to a technical problem I could not place the keyboard right before their seatings.

Comments

Popular Posts