Trying out my hands at Suse Linux

New place, new people, new operating system. Those are things I have to cope with within my first days here in MRA.

After my on and oof experience with linux for the past few years, now I have to deal with the how-tos in Suse Linux 9.2.  Basically things are almost the same among linux distros but sure there are differences that push me to relearn.

The first 'advanced' task I could successfully done, with the help of Irwan Nurwandi, my colleague, was installing a cvs repository for our project.

Referring to my past experience in installing cvs repository in Fedora Core, I started well up to the point where I had a repository up and running. But at the next important thing, which was checking out repository from cvs client (I used MyEclipse cvs feature), things didn't run as smoothly as I'd thought. In the process of finding out what was wrong with the repository (why pserver didn't listen at cvs default port), I found a few Suse-spesific settings, things that didn't come up last time in Fedora Core. 


Be a chatter box. Enjoy free PC-to-PC calls with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Comments

Popular Posts