How many JCo donuts are too much?

On thursday, with boredom and money at hand, which is  a very dangerous combination, I took stop at Citos on my way home from Konsepnet.

At first, I was quite surpised to see so many people visited Citos until I found out that Citos had a bazaar in that mid-week. However, the queue at JCo donut was surprisingly short. Right there was the moment when I decided to join the queue and buy a box of those 'devils covered in chocolate icing'.

The next day, my first day at MRA, also on the way home, I made a rendez-vous with Siska, who said she had a crave for bread. My mind instantly associated it with a trip to the nearest JCo donut, which was at Plasa Semanggi. Although a trip to a bakery such as the other masterpiece of Johny Andrean, BreadTalk, would do, we chose JCo simply because they offered a place to sit down.

We ordered drinks to skip the long queue. Along with green tea and thai tea and two free glazed donuts, we bought other three donuts which was the maximum number. The sofas were not as comfortable as they looked, yet we talked a lot over our drinks and donuts.  That was also the moment where I found out that the softer the donut, the lighter hence the less the dough. Which means greater profit for Johny Andrean. Evil genius!

Finally last saturday,  after KRI & KRCI contest, Asni, my cousin, joined me and Isma. Asni never had a bite of JCo donuts, so like the minions of the evil genius, I and Isma spread the good tidings about how delicious they were. We went to the newest hip place, Margo Citiwalk, to find the newly opened first JCo outlet in Depok.

The queue was short when we got there, but later after we sat down with two dozens of donuts the queue got longer. The couches were more confortable than the ones at Plasa Semanggi and Citos outlets. That completed our sugar-craving experience.




How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"buy a box of those 'devils covered in chocolate icing'."

Just FYI, JCO donuts use real Belgium dark & white chocolate, never sugar icing. (:
Mita said…
buset, kayak apa sih rasanya? bikin penasaran :p
Chezumar said…
tenshi-x: what about glazed donuts? I think JCo put sugar icing on them
Chezumar said…
mita: Heheh, Jco belum buka cabang d Pittsburgh yah? Ya gitu deh, ada yang bilang kayak Krispy Kreme, malahan lebih enak lagi. Hype aja sih, gw juga udah gak penasaran atau nagih lagi kok.

Popular Posts