On Vaishak Day

As early as 5 am, Ginanjar called to make sure that he would come to pick up the printer. Later, someone called me. I was not at all familiar with his voice and I panicked. (It was so unnatural because I usually can recognize someone's voice.) Well, guess who? Actually it was my long-time-no-see old LB LIA Bandung friend Gamma, calling me with a very different voice due to his congested nose. He told me he would come over around 11.

Dad left for Medan, his second time this month. This time he brought along two young Melinjo trees in plastic bag, and his dream to build a farm in his hometown Tanjung Pura as well.

After that, I stopped by Video Ezy to rent some videos. I went home with five of "recent release" videos: MTV Jackass volume 2, the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Jason vs Freddy, Matrix Revolution, and Legally Blonde 2.

Gamma finally showed up at 2 pm. We talked a lot, mostly about current activities and our friends in UCC LB Lia Bandung. The important thing was I told him that I play keyboard and impressed him with my little performance preview. Lumayan 'kan ada staf promosi satu lagi ... :)

Around 9 pm, dad called home. He had already arrived in his little hut in his newly bought land in Tanjung Pura and, at that very moment, was enjoying the cool air under the bright full moon. I guessed only in such area where there's no city light pollute the sky the moon could shine majestically and reign the night.

I forgot when was the last time I enjoyed such view. I really should plan for a visit to Tanjung Pura this Eid.

Update
Komentar ttg film yg lagi gw sewa:
Jackass volume 2 sedikit banyak lebih ancur daripada yang pertama. Tapi tetep lucu. Walaupun rada jayus. Dan rada-rada obscene.
Legally Blonde 2 ternyata lebih ga' penting daripada prekuelnya. Jauh lebih ga' penting. Kenapa ya Hollywood sering banget bikin film gak penting?
LXG gambarnya gelap bener. Walaupun idenya bagus juga untuk menampilkan sekaligus banyak jagoan dalam satu film, tapi kalah jauh dari Van Helsing yang menampilkan sekaligus banyak monster.

Comments

Well, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is a bad translation from the comic in the first place. I mean, come on... car chasing in Venice? The realistic character and background in the comic also vanished along the way.

And about "gak penting." Come on, du'. You're definitely one to talk. You watch MTV Jackass, for crying out loud.

Eye of the beholder.

Popular Posts