Weekend Notes

Friday means Tokyo Lobby!

It's been a four weeks that I joined this very casual Friday night meeting on the very same spot: cozy coaches of Tokyo Lobby Cilandak Town Square. People suffering from the same syndrome (read: living single) chat the night way accompanied by a couple of hard-to-pronounce illegally overpriced drinks and meals. We even started to think to ask for a permanent membership to this restaurant with a 15% discount program. "Hey Mr. Manager, look at these bills. Don't they mean we should get a discount next time we choose your place to hang around? You see we could have picked some other place here ... " I don't know what might happen if we do ask.

Now I've become a social eater. I choose to order spaghetti marinara (a.k.a something a little bit more expensive than Rp 30,000 yet still can impress my colleague and feed my hunger). Oops, but I forgot the 17,7% tax and service charge. That way I spent Rp 45,000 for something that taste no better than a bowl of ordinary seafood spaghetti. Well. Not that I regret it, though, for there's another thing I like from that hang out.

What's the thing? It's been 7 years that I lost contact with these wonderful folks. I know some of them keep on hanging out even when they're at college. But since I moved to Bandung, my past high school life was kind of faded away slowly. I just stopped seeing my old friends and started to make new friends. It was wrong I admit. Turned out, meeting old friends (escpecially the ones with the same syndrome :D) is a sanctuary where I can unleash my burden for a moment, 5 hours to be exactly because we hang around from 8pm until 1 am or the time when the manager starts to gives us the "Go home people, we could not wait for your table any longer, it's way past the midnight!" look.

Saturday means a Lotta Sleep
I officially slept all day, except for meals and practising on the keyboard. In the evening, my mom REMINDS me something, "Hey we've already collected 9 coupons. Why don't you buy another one, and get the tenth coupon, and exchange them for a free one." Yes this might sound weird, but we have a martabak vendor nearby with a delivery service. That way, on a rainy day (or an ordinary day when everyone is just way too lazy to go to the martabak stall just outside this housing complex), we can pick up the phone and order a freshly fried egg martabak with extra ground meat garnished with pickles and hot soy sauce. Fifteen minutes service guaranteed, unless the martabak man is confused with the house address and passes by three times just to make sure that it IS the right house.

Saturday Night and Sunday mean a Lotta Karaoke

On saturday night, some friends (my buddies who runs Reiz) came along to my house and took me to and my keyboard along with them all the way to Srengseng Sawah. Yikes! Spare those negative thoughts, folks. I was there to save those lonely nights when my recently broken up friends needed to sing their hearts out loud. What a night. Fried noodles, coke, chips, and sassy love songs for the broken-hearted. I was not being judgemnetal, Pul, but those songs genuinely screamed out your hopes and fears!.

Interrupted only by sleep and breakfast, the karaoke went on until the following Saturday. Phew! Glad the keyboard didn't blow up. Grant Total: 6 hours on Saturday Night and other 6 hours on Sunday = 12 hours karaokeing. The result: sore arms and throats, and a management deal. I'll be soon under Reiz Entertainment management. Leman, let me talk with my lawyer first.

Comments

Popular Posts